FY 2017 Budget
ADOPTED FISCAL YEAR 2017 BUDGET
The Fiscal Year 2017 Adopted Budget document can be found at this link.
On June 14, 2016, the Purcellville Town Council adopted the FY 2017 Budget, Capital Improvement Program, and Master Tax and Fee Schedule. You can view the Press Release here.
At its April 12, 2016 Meeting, the Town Council adopted the Real Property Tax Rate, Fireman's Field Service District Tax Rate, Personal and Business Property Tax Rates, and the Personal Property Tax Relief Act Resolution. More information on the adopted tax rates can be found in this press release.
The Town of Purcellville's Fiscal Year runs from July 1 to June 30. As part of each budget, the Town Council approves a set of taxes and fees to pay for operations throughout the year. In March, the Town Manager proposes a budget to the Town Council. They review the information, hold work sessions and public hearings, and then vote on the tax rates and budget.
View the Press Release on the Proposed FY 2017 Budget.
Budget Documents for FY 2017
Below are important documents for the FY 2017 Budget. This will be updated as staff provides additional information to the Town Council:
- FY 2017 Adopted Budget (added August 5, 2016)
- FY 2017 Proposed Budget (dated March 15, 2016)
- Pre-Budget Work Session Packet (dated January 19, 2016)
(includes Financial Trends and Data)
Council Questions and Staff Responses (to be updated)
- Master List of Council Questions and Responses (updated July 22, 2016)
- Memo to Council on Proposed Budget Reductions - 04-07-16
- Town Manager Budget Presentation (March 15, 2016)
- Davenport & Company Financial Presentation (March 15, 2016)
- MFSG Utility Funds and Rates Analyses (March 15, 2016)
Budget Work Sessions and Public Hearings
The Town Council will hold meetings on the budget on the following dates:
- March 15, 2016 - Budget Delivery and Financial Advisor Presentations
- Audio Recording of the Meeting available at: this link (.wma file)
- March 29, 2016 - Special Meeting / Budget Work Session
- March 31, 2016 - Special Meeting / Budget Work Session
- April 5, 2016 - Special Meeting / Budget Work Session
- April 12, 2016 - Public Hearing on Budget and Other Taxes (Real Property Public Hearing was held on March 8th)
- **CANCELED** April 14, 2016 - Special Meeting / Budget Work Session
- May 24, 2016 Town Council Meeting
- June 14, 2016 Town Council Meeting
Provide Input to the Town Council on the Proposed FY 2017 Budget
Citizens can provide input to the Town Council in a number of ways:
- Email the Town Council at this link: Send Email
- Call the Town and leave comments for Council at: 540-338-7421
- Attend a Regular Council Meeting (usually the 2nd and 4th Tuesdays of each month, check the Master Calendar) and speak during Citizen Comment Time
- Click this link to fill out a form to send your comments to Council. Click here!