FY 2018 Budget
The Town's fiscal year runs from July 1 to June 30 of the following year. The budget, as adopted by the Town Council, is the guide of Town operations for the year, to include funding priorities. The budget development process begins in the fall and is refined over the winter, and the proposed budget is presented by the Town Manager to the Town Council in March. During the subsequent weeks and months, the Town Council will review the proposed budget, make amendments as desired, and adopt a budget prior to June 30. As part of each budget, the Town Council approves a set of taxes and fees to pay for operations throughout the year.
More information will be provided on this page throughout the process.
FY 2018 Proposed Budget Document
PROPOSED Fiscal Year 2018 Budget (9 MB)
News Release on Proposed FY 2018 Budget
We need your input and ideas! Check out the latest way to view and propose edits to the Town budget. We have loaded an interactive budget worksheet (Excel) that you can use to view the full budget (line-item by line-item), suggest edits and revisions, and see the impact of these changes on the real estate tax rate.
View the Interactive Budget Worksheet here and let us know what ideas you have!!
Budget Work Sessions and Public Hearings
The Town Council will hold meetings on the budget on the following dates. Documents and audio recordings will be provided when available:
- March 22, 2017 Budget Work Session 7:00 PM
- March 30, 2017 Budget Work Session 7:00 PM
- April 4, 2017 Budget Work Session 7:00 PM
- April 19, 2017 Budget Work Session 7:00 PM
Additional Budget Work Sessions may be held as directed by the Town Council.
Pre-Budget Work Sessions
- October 17, 2016 Meeting with Utility Rate Consultants
- November 16, 2016 Meeting with Financial Advisors
- January 18, 2017 Meeting on Capital Improvement Program
- February 22, 2017 Meeting on Financial Strategies for Debt and Utility Rates
Provide Input to the Town on the Proposed FY 2018 Budget
Citizens can provide input to the Town Council in a number of ways:
- Email the Town Council at this link: Send Email
- Call the Town and leave comments for Council at: 540-338-7421
- Attend a Regular Council Meeting (usually the 2nd and 4th Tuesdays of each month, check the Master Calendar) and speak during Citizen Comment Time
- Click this link to fill out a form to send your comments to Council. Click here!
- Visit the Town's "Community Voice" portal and engage with fellow citizens on ways to improve the budget!
Fiscal Year 2017 Budget (July 1, 2016 - June 30, 2017)
The Fiscal Year 2017 Adopted Budget can be found at this link.
The Fiscal Year 2017 Adopted Budget webpage (with meeting documents and recordings) can be found at this link.